Should we consider project basenames unique?

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 09:28:21 GMT 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 10:02 AM Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Which means you either provide the path (plasma-mobile/plasma-dialer) or you need to go look in the metadata anyway.

If names are unique (not persistent, just unique) and plasma-dialer is
what I want to release then I know plasma-dialer is called
plasma-dialer because I'm a plasma-dialer dev. I can then call
releasme with the argument  'plasma-dialer' and releaseme can work out
the path from that because the name is global unique so there is only
one plasma-dialer and that will be what I want to release.

HS