CI System Issues

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Nov 10 07:32:46 GMT 2021

Hi all,

Over the past 24-48 hours we have been experiencing significant issues with
both of the Jenkins' instances which operate build.kde.org and
binary-factory.kde.org.

After significant investigative work these issues have been traced to a
bug/regression within Docker itself, which we have now applied a workaround
for. This issue is tracked at upstream bug
https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/42375 which unfortunately has received
little attention thus far.

With the resolution of this issue we've now initiated Global Rebuilds
across Jenkins to restore normal service. As a consequence of this it may
take several hours for the CI system to attend to builds that have been
initiated, including updates to our websites.

Due to their unreliability in the build chain I will shortly also be
terminating support for building Python bindings on Linux, as they are
interfering in the ability of the Dependency Builds - and thus the Global
Rebuild - to complete.

Apologies for the disruption to service.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin