Koko in KDEReview

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue May 4 20:37:02 BST 2021

On 5/4/21 1:23 PM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Side note here: It is actually possible to disable issues on Gitlab
> projects.
>
> Given that developers generally need a way to collaborate amongst
> themselves (as Phabricator tasks are used for) we leave the feature
> enabled however and generally don't allow for it to be disabled.

The fact that Phabricator is still up and running makes me think that we
should absolutely close down GitLab issues so that we don't have
confusion regarding where to discuss things. If GitLab issues are
intended to be used as the replacement for Phabricator tasks, I think
that has to wait until Phabricator is actually replaced and all the
existing tasks migrated. Otherwise we run into the exact same problem
that people are objecting to here: conversations happening in two
places, on divergent, non-integrated pieces of infrastructure. If we're
gonna migrate, we gotta actually migrate.

Nate