KDE Gear releases & Frameworks dependencies

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Tue Mar 2 18:39:57 GMT 2021

Hi,

for the KDE Gear release service releases, what is actually an
acceptable Frameworks release requirement for the upcoming 21.04?

e.g. at the moment, Kate requires Frameworks 5.79 in master, we needed
some new API to avoid ugly hacks.

Would it be acceptable to move this to the latest version that will be
out in March, e.g. 5.80?

Or will this lead to issues?

That way we (the Kate people) could ensure that Kate 21.04 will only be
(without that people patch it)
build-able against some Frameworks release that has at least the bugs
fixed that we really care about.

Greetings
Christoph

--