AudioTube in KDEReview

Jonah BrĂ¼chert jbb at kaidan.im
Wed Jun 16 20:27:21 BST 2021

Thank you for having a look.
> - seeking doesn't seem to do anything. I get `audiotube(103398)/(qml)
> onMoved: Value: 71454.30987821381` as output but then the seek doesn't
> actually happen

This is a known QtMultimedia bug that also seems to affect other apps I
heard. I don't think I can do anything about it.

> - something is also wonky with the playlist. it doesn't cover the width
> (when data fails to load). it is overlapped by the scrollbar. clear and
> shuffle don't seem to have labels though there would be enough space
> https://i.imgur.com/Q3IoaBj.png
The left side should display the album cover, do you think the playlist
should fill the whole page if there is none?
> - on some artists I get `TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable `
> https://i.imgur.com/U8BKHbQ.png
Which exactly? I can't reproduce it with Daft Punk.
> - ytmusic.cpp forces LC_ALL to en_us, that seems a bit fishy and it
> doesn't explain why either
The python code randomly fails if the encoding is not utf8, this was my
attempt to work around that. I can add a comment.
> - PlaylistUtils looks like it maybe should be a namespace not a class.
> feel free to ignore me if you disagree
true