Plasma Firewall on KDE Review

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 25 22:24:12 GMT 2021

Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I started a MR for a "Services" based on the firewalld xml that the user
> will use to create the rules, on "easy mode".

As in, you imported a copy of the service list from firewalld? I would much
rather see your two backends use the native services / application
profiles functionality from firewalld / UFW instead of carrying a copy in
the frontend. Upstream firewalld and/or UFW can add new services over time,
distributions can also add custom services. By carrying a copy of the
list, you miss those additions. And you also reinvent functionality
already present in the underlying backend.

> but I can't wait for this to merge so I'd ask this to be a future adition.

OK, let me state the following clearly:

I am absolutely fine with these issues being addressed at a later time,
post review, as long as the issues are on the radar (which, I must say, was
not really the impression I got over at the nx-firewall project).

It is not my intention to hold the review hostage, so please do not count
my messages as an objection to the review.

        Kevin Kofler