New repo in kdereview: plasma-angelfish

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Jan 25 13:56:39 GMT 2021

On 25.01.21 06:55, Bhushan Shah wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Yet another Plasma Mobile repository in kdereview:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/plasma-angelfish
>
> Plasma Angelfish is browser written in Kirigami which uses the
> QtWebengine for rendering web pages. It is optimized for the mobile
> usecase.
>
> Current feature list is available in README.md of the repository.

Not sure I am liking the InitialPreference in the desktop file.

Encoding in desktop files has been deprecated for like a million years ^^

Inconsistent spelling between desktop file "Web Browser" and appstream
file "Webbrowser". I also think the former is the way one generally
spells it.

.appdata.xml is a legacy suffix, you might want to use .metainfo.xml

Same as with phonebook, I don't see the translation domain getting set
anywhere and by extension l10n is likely kaput.

Inside SettingsNavigationBarPage.qml there's a concatenated multi line
string, I'm not sure if that'd get extracted correctly for l10n. Best check.

Many files don't have license info, see point 15 of the license policy
[1] :(

You may want to move from the incomplete COPYING file to reuse LICENSES/
folder.

DesktopFileGenerator manually calls kbuildsycoca :O - This should just
work and if not get fixed properly. Super alternatively
KSycoca::self()->ensureCacheValid() is exactly made for this use case.

The flatpak run inside DesktopFileGenerator seems super opinionated, but
with the only target system being plasma-mobile I guess it doesn't matter?

The message("warning:" in src/CMakeLists.txt ought to be
add_feature_info() really [2]

[1] https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
[2] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.8/module/FeatureSummary.html

> Before moving it to extragear I would like to drop plasma- prefix from
> the repository as this repo have nothing much to do with "Plasma". And
> it is otherwise already called just "Angelfish" in its desktop files and
> stuff.
+1