Plasma Bigscreen in Kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:23:20 GMT 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> пʼятниця, 22 січня 2021 р. 12:48:07 EET Marco Martin написано:
> > Hi all,
> > We would like a release of the Plasma Bigscreen project
> > which has been moved to kdereview, its repo is:
> > https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-bigscreen
> >
> > It's a Plasma shell intended to use on smart tv kind of devices (ideal
> > is a setup like a raspberry pi4 attached to a tv) It's pretty much a
> > big tiles grid launcher for apps (which can be media-related apps,
> > clients for streaming services and what not)
> > It is also integrated with the Mycroft voice assistant open source
> > project, so supports voice commands and some apps like the youtube
> > client are done as internal mycroft skills.
> >
> > we just converted license headers to SPDX, the code should be in
> > fairly good shape by now
>
> Hi,
>
> 1. Translatable messages from /shell and /kcms/plasma-settings-shell are not
> extracted (no Messages.sh).

that should be fixed for shell. /kcms/plasma-settings-shell actually
can't be extracted (is going to be installed inside another package
and going to use the same domain of this other thing. in the end there
was a single message that wasn't even shown, so removed the message
and the whole folder shouldn't have any user visible labels now.

> 2. i18nd() usage in QMLs is at least inconsistent.

now the pieces that do need a domain to be translatable should include
the correct one.

--
Marco Martin