New repo in kdereview: plasma-angelfish

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Mon Feb 15 04:27:28 GMT 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 02:56:39PM +0100, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On 25.01.21 06:55, Bhushan Shah wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > Yet another Plasma Mobile repository in kdereview:
> >
> > https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/plasma-angelfish
> >
> > Plasma Angelfish is browser written in Kirigami which uses the
> > QtWebengine for rendering web pages. It is optimized for the mobile
> > usecase.
> >
> > Current feature list is available in README.md of the repository.
>
> Not sure I am liking the InitialPreference in the desktop file.
>
> Encoding in desktop files has been deprecated for like a million years ^^

Fixed in 0d598a916c913a78927985dedc1ef55b033de525

> Inconsistent spelling between desktop file "Web Browser" and appstream
> file "Webbrowser". I also think the former is the way one generally
> spells it.
>
> .appdata.xml is a legacy suffix, you might want to use .metainfo.xml

Fixed in 83ddac3ba877e9e4f80e4d8641871e73dc22adfa

> Same as with phonebook, I don't see the translation domain getting set
> anywhere and by extension l10n is likely kaput.

Fixed in b284b48ed48e771e94e0062f7afa567a67fca550

> Inside SettingsNavigationBarPage.qml there's a concatenated multi line
> string, I'm not sure if that'd get extracted correctly for l10n. Best check.

In next thread i18n people confirmed that this is fine.

> Many files don't have license info, see point 15 of the license policy
> [1] :(
>
> You may want to move from the incomplete COPYING file to reuse LICENSES/
> folder.

Fixed in : 8bf8afdd3ad9777acd2762e561c9959a7e09bc66 and e72270b50dad3db109270c99a9b1e88909f4ffa0

> DesktopFileGenerator manually calls kbuildsycoca :O - This should just
> work and if not get fixed properly. Super alternatively
> KSycoca::self()->ensureCacheValid() is exactly made for this use case.
>
> The flatpak run inside DesktopFileGenerator seems super opinionated, but
> with the only target system being plasma-mobile I guess it doesn't matter?

Those are only used if the angelfish is running as a flatpak app, if
not, it would use standard angelfish-webapp command.

> The message("warning:" in src/CMakeLists.txt ought to be
> add_feature_info() really [2]

Fixed in e38e8b1b2ac5c487c587f5af708757b27eae9db0

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in