State of server-side retrace of KDE crashes?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 18 17:54:31 GMT 2021

Lyubomir Parvanov wrote:
> There were some talks about adding a server-side retrace service for KDE,
> what's the latest status quo? I really believe that KDE would be way more
> stable if this was existing...

I do not think server-side retrace is feasible without split
debuginfo packages. If you need to rebuild the package to get debugging
information, as is currently the case on Arch, you have no way to ensure
that the rebuild will use the exact same addresses as the version that
produced the backtrace.

Arch needs to provide split debuginfo like basically all other
major distributions. There is no way around it.

        Kevin Kofler