Telemetry information in Pim apps + ruqola

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Nov 10 12:54:23 GMT 2020

Le mardi 10 novembre 2020, 11:06:21 CET Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 6:55 PM Laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Laurent,
>
> > I didn't know that it must be necessary to speak about it on
> > kde-core-devel
> > ML.
> > I discussed it with Volker during last Pim sprint for pim apps, for ruqola
> > indeed no discussion as it used standard info.
> > So I send email as requested
> >
> > Basically what we are requesting is (from Plasma at bulk, including
> > the Plasma shell and Discover):
> > - BasicSystemInformation Level:
> > Application version
> > Platform information
> > Qt version information
> >
> > - BasicUsageStatistics
> > Usage time
> > Launches count
> >
> > - DetailedSystemInformation
> > Screen parameters
> > Number and type of accounts configured in KMail (receiver and sender).
> > (for
> > kmail only)
> > Return the number of account. (ruqola only)
> >
> > - DetailedUsageStatistics
> > Language and regional parameters.
>
> Thanks for the above details.
>
> Could you please supply links to the relevant code within the various PIM
> applications using Telemetry so we can review the manner in which these
> details are collected?

Hi,
All classes are in theses directories:

https://invent.kde.org/pim/kmail/-/tree/master/src/userfeedback
https://invent.kde.org/pim/korganizer/-/tree/master/src/userfeedback
https://invent.kde.org/pim/pim-sieve-editor/-/tree/master/src/userfeedback
https://invent.kde.org/pim/kaddressbook/-/tree/master/src/userfeedback
https://invent.kde.org/pim/akregator/-/tree/master/interfaces/userfeedback

https://invent.kde.org/network/ruqola/-/tree/master/src/widgets/userfeedback

> Of particular concern to me above is "screen parameters" as the
> configuration of a device's screens carries significant information that
> when combined with a few other datapoints is often sufficient to create a
> unique fingerprint to identify the device. We'll therefore need to ensure
> this is sufficiently fuzzed to eliminate that as a possibility.
>
> > Regards
>
> Many thanks,
> Ben

Regards