Alligator in KDEReview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 1 11:29:43 GMT 2020

El dijous, 29 d’octubre de 2020, a les 0:34:30 CET, Tobias Fella va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> I've moved Alligator to KDEReview.
>
> Alligator is an RSS feed reader I started developing because of the need
> for a feed reader for plasma mobile (and to waste some time during
> corona). Since it's built using kirigami, it's usable on both mobile and
> desktop. I've also ported it to android, where it works quite nicely.
>
> It still has some problems with correctly rendering some feeds because
> of the limited html & css subset supported by the QML label, but I'm
> working around those.

Any reason you're not using WebEngineView ?

> If you find feeds that don't render nicely (for
> example where images are not limited to the page width), feel free to
> send them my way.
>
> If you want to try it, you can get android and flatpak builds from the
> binary factory.
>
> For releases, i plan on getting it into release service in time for
> 20.12. Before that, I'll probably release a beta version

I'm not convinced you're in time for that, technically one could argue that you can join up to November 12 that is when we have the Feature Freeze, but for me it makes sense to only release things that are ready on Nov 5, which is really soon.

https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle says 2 weeks of kdereview.

I don't want to be the bad cop, but i'd say you're 1 week late.

> Since I'm still a beginner at programming with Qt/cpp/qml, I'd
> appreciate comments or suggestions on my code ;)

You're missing KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain in your main.cpp

You're not deleteing the Author you create on Entry::Entry, i'm guessing a qDeleteAll(m_authors); in the destructor is what you want.

Similarly you seem to also need a qDeleteAll(m_entries) in EntriesModel destructor

clazy reports a few missing const & in your args, not that it really matters, but it'll be 0.000000000000001% faster which means saving 0.0000000000000000001% battery if you're using it in a phone :D https://paste.debian.net/1169487/

This animation feels super weird, is this something you can control or Kirigami provided?
   https://i.imgur.com/rleJfso.gif

Cheers,
  Albert