Namespaces for a few repositories on invent (was Re: Migration to Gitlab -- Update)

Bhushan Shah bshah at kde.org
Sun May 10 14:39:18 BST 2020

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 02:54:35PM +0200, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> I went through the list of the new structure, and I can only imagine the work
> needed to reshuffle
> Am I still on time to propose some fine tuning?

Sure, feel free to make suggestions on final place of items on structure

> == Proposed moves:
> kio-upnp-ms: applications -> network
> mark: applications -> education
> kdecoration-viewer: applications -> sdk
> kolorfill: applications -> games
> klook: applications -> graphics
> peruse: applications -> graphics

done!

> == A bit more open questions about:
> libkdegameai: libraries -> games (like libkdegames)

done!

> macports-kde: sdk -> packaging (not 100% sure)

this kinda looks unmaintained to me, last commit is in 2014/15, and
otherwise seems untouched, should unmaintained be better place for this?

> kup: system -> utilities (like kbackup!)

Good that we have backup for backup applications </bad pun>, anyway
would it make sense to move this otherway around? (kbackup -> system?) I
kind of consider backup "system"/"core" stuff...

> mangonel seems a bit of place too in system (which has mostly lower-level
> configuration stuff), maybe utilities?

done!

> == There are a few second-level namespaces, are we going to keep them? I can see:

Thanks for noticing the second-level namespaces, I completely overlooked
it seems

> * graphics/digikam/
>   - it only contains digikam-doc, which should maybe just go under graphics/
> * graphics/libs
>   - a few libraries which be moved under graphics/ directly (or libraries, but
> they are graphics-related)
> * network/telepathy
>   - only telepathy-logger-qt, it could go under network/ directly

I've flattened these ones.

> * others/kde-edu-courses/
>   - why not directly under education ?

I guess it can go into education, but looking at content I am more
inclined to think that this belongs into unmaintained, aren't those
applications instead using the GHNS? I am not even sure where this
content is hosted if at all (seems to have .php files in there)

> Also unmaintained/ contains two of them (necessitas, strigi), but it doesn't
> matter much I guess.

I've flattened necessitas and strigi.

--
Bhushan Shah