Gitlab Turn-off Issues

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 28 23:02:30 BST 2020

El diumenge, 28 de juny de 2020, a les 22:29:06 CEST, Nicolás Alvarez va escriure:
> El dom., 28 de jun. de 2020 a la(s) 16:47, Nate Graham (nate at kde.org) escribió:

> > > As has been discussed *far too many times* already, we have NO
> > > INTENTION to replace Bugzilla at this stage.
> > > This matter has been discussed on many threads, including on this list
> > > in the past.
> > >
> > > Issues on Gitlab is intended to be the replacement for Phabricator Tasks.
> > > Disabling them would leave projects with no developer task management
> > > functionality, which would be highly undesirable as they are heavily
> > > used by a number of projects.
> > >
> > > Your request to disable them for all KDE projects is therefore declined.
> >
> > The problem with this approach is that users familiar with GitHub or
> > GitLab in other projects will not stop submitting bug reports using
> > GitLab issues as long as it's turned on in its current form
>
> Hmm... Users familiar with GitHub in other projects will not stop
> submitting pull requests on the KDE GitHub mirror as long as that's
> turned on, and GitHub doesn't even let us turn off pull requests.
> Should we get rid of the GitHub mirror? Or should we keep closing pull
> requests and telling people to send their patches to Invent instead?
> (This is only half-rhetoric, I actually wouldn't mind getting rid of
> the GitHub mirror :P)
>
> > However the issue (har har) of users submitting bug reports and feature
> > requests using GitLab issues is not likely to disappear without some
> > kind of change.
>
> We can't easily change the label of the sidebar button. But what about
> a banner like this:
> https://invent.kde.org/games/kbounce/-/issues/new
>
> Do you think this would help?

When creating an issue in gitlab.com you get a long wall of text saying what you have to do https://i.imgur.com/ly2mU3M.png

Could we have something like that by default saying "this is for developer tasks for bugs/issues use bugs.kde.org" ?

Cheers,
  Albert