CuteHMI in kdereview

Michal Policht michpolicht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:00:27 GMT 2020

Yeah, I neglected translations a bit... I am going to implement adequate
Qbs module for extracting translations.

When it comes to Qbs, it's not dead. Community has taken over the
project, there's active development and recent version was released just
44 days ago.

We migrated from QMake to Qbs, when it was still supported by Qt Company
and promoted as official build system for Qt 6. Thus we assumed Qbs is
the future. We've found that Qbs has some issues (like every software),
but in overal it's very capable and powerful piece of software. It also
provides much faster builds on Windows. I wish more people would give it
a try before burying the project, to at least see the potential. With
something like Qbs we could create a build framework with reusable
components, so that each KDE subproject could benefit from it and become
naturally integrated. It may be hard to accomplish with CMake.

Regards,

Michal