Review Kid3

Christophe Giboudeaux christophe at krop.fr
Thu Feb 13 20:04:37 GMT 2020

Hello,

On jeudi 13 février 2020 07:11:45 CET Urs Fleisch wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> As you may know, Kid3, an audio tagger, has moved from SourceForge.net to
> kde.org. Jonathan Riddell is attending the incubation process as a sponsor.
> To complete the incubation, I would kindly ask you to execute a KDE review
> on the project.
>
> Website: https://kid3.kde.org/
> Git, Issues: https://invent.kde.org/kde/kid3/
> Incubator: https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/kid3
> Translation state: https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/kid3_qt.po/
> Documentation state: https://l10n.kde.org/stats/doc/trunk-kf5/po/kid3.po/
>
> Kid3 exists since 2003 and I would say that it is quite mature. As it is
> also available as a Qt-only version (without KDE dependencies) and for
> macOS, Windows and Android, the build system differs a bit from the typical
> KDE application.

Short legal review:
COPYING contains the GPL-2.0-or-later license. Most files are under this
license except a couple ones:
- LGPL-2.1-or-later in src/plugins/taglibmetadata/taglibext/mp2 and src/
plugins/taglibmetadata/taglibext (+MPL-1.1 for the latter)
- LGPL-2.1-only in src/plugins/taglibmetadata/taglibext/tdebug.h, src/plugins/
kid3qml/qmlpp.py
- LGPL-3.0-only in src/qml/, src/plugins/kid3qml, src/core/model
- LGPL-2.0-only in src/plugins/oggflacmetadata

Please add the missing licenses files to the root folder.
If possible, also add BSD license headers to your FindXXX.cmake files.

Christophe