KOpeningHours in kdereview

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:09:23 GMT 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> The most notable feature gap compared to the official specification is
> probably school holidays, we lack a collection of international data for that
> so far. That only occurs in about 2k out of the 1.8M opening hours expressions
> in the full OSM database, so that's not a massive problem in practice.

This may be more difficult than you perhaps realise: at least in the
Netherlands such holidays are not fixed. They can vary regionally, as
well from year to year and potentially also depend on
denomination/religion. A good example of this is that in the southern
part of the Netherlands care is taken to ensure Carnival falls within
an official holiday, but the same might not apply "north of the
rivers". (Additional fun complication is the temporary colloquial
renaming of towns during the festival).

Regards,

- Johan