PokiPoki in KDEReview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 27 21:24:54 BST 2020

El dimecres, 26 d’agost de 2020, a les 15:08:37 CEST, Carson Black va escriure:
> Hi y'all!
>
> I'd like to see PokiPoki go through KDEReview and eventually end up
> releasing as an extragear library.
>
> PokiPoki is a framework that aims to make persistent objects as
> trivial to use as possible and provides other sugar functionality on
> top of simply persisting objects, such as an undo/redo stack.
>
> From a code overview, PokiPoki is split into two main parts:
> libpokipoki and pokic. libpokipoki is a small helper library that
> provides types used by pokic while pokic is a code generator that
> consumes .pokipoki files to generate a header-only library that can be
> included in a project.
>
> libpokipoki is authored in C++ for obvious reasons, while pokic is
> authored in Go due to the extensive text templating system used for
> code generation and the lexer in the stdlib used for reading pokipoki
> files.
>
> poki-compiler/parser/output.go will probably be the file that needs
> most looking at, as it's responsible for the code generation.

WHAT IS THIS?
"unspeakably epic storage infinite in number that matches the speaker's expectations that's not food which isn't gendered that will hopefully die by sheep with a market value less than 10 US dollars"

The AGPL license is probably not in line with our current licensing policy which says "Applications which are intended to be run on a server may be licenced under the AGPL-3.0-or-later". This doesn't seem to be primarily for servers.

Running the example gives me
  QSqlError("19", "Unable to fetch row", "NOT NULL constraint failed: Note.title") when creating a new item of Note
Not sure it's wanted/expected

You don't seem to be specifying the database in your sql queries, what if i have another database in my app?

your CMakeLists.txt calls itself ikona

libpokipoki is missing from CMakeLists.txt

As someone that maintained a project with double buildsystem for a long time, I strongly suggest not to do it (OTOH this is so trivial that it may be acceptable).

Seems like this is the kind of project that would welcome some tests (something like your example file but that it's tested for each build to make sure nothing regresses).

Cheers,
  Albert