Work Branches

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Oct 18 08:57:38 BST 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 8:51 AM Johan Ouwerkerk <jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just one question here: what is the impact on projects in the KDE/
> namespace which have only a single maintainer/contributor?
>
> Are we then essentially going to accept that users merge in their own
> MRs? And also, how then does that tie in with the expressed preference
> for fast-forward only merges on kde-devel? I.e. are we going to switch
> to fast-forward before or after doing the protcected branches thing?

Please note that no proposal to date has proposed restricting
developers from being able to push directly.
That will be continuing.

I therefore expect projects that have one or two contributors to be
minimally impacted by these various proposals.

The "protection" you may have seen discussed was referring to inbuilt
capabilities of Gitlab to ensure branches cannot be force pushed or
deleted.

> Regards,
>
> - Johan

Cheers,