EBN Still Needed?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Mar 29 08:53:40 GMT 2019

On Mittwoch, 27. März 2019 11:26:58 CET Robby Stephenson wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 4:15 PM Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > I was notified today that the Krazy runs on the EBN have been stuck (due
> > to a stale lockfile)
> > for over 3 months.   Is this an indication that nobody looks at the EBN
> > reports any longer?
> >

> I check EBN sporadically, not regularly. Probably on a quarter-ish basis
> for Tellico. I appreciate its usefulness.

This is basically the usage pattern for me in KMyMoney as well.

> But has the EBN code and documentation checking service out lived its
> > usefulness?
> > Shut it down?
> >

> I would say no, unless it's truly a burden.

+1

I also like the idea, which has been mentioned earlier, to integrate it into CI if possible.

Thomas

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' - Brian W. Kernighan