KDiff3 1.8 release.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Mar 10 23:33:27 GMT 2019

Hi Michael,

Am Samstag, 9. März 2019, 16:53:58 CET schrieb Michael Reeves:
>    I would like to move forward with a 1.8 release targeting end of Apirl.
> Could someone please check over the kf5/qt5 changes to make sure there are
> no major problems? Also there is custom painter that tries to handle left
> to right text manually what is the proper way to support this? I will be
> doing at least the next few releases independent of Applications do to the
> amount time past since the last release for kdiff3. The 1.8 branch creation
> and freeze is set for 3-22 if no major issues are found.

When I gave it a (quick) look earlier today, nothing grave catched my eyes
when it comes to Qt5/kF5 interfacing code (just a few favourite nitpicks of
mine, which are already reviewed/pushed :) ).
No idea about the custom RL painter myself or proper ways.

Two things I noticed though which you ideally give some look:

kdiff3 -h & -v show both a window as well as print output on the commandline.
The windows are a bit unexpected and unusual given one already is on the
commandline, perhaps that feature to also show a window could be removed?

You might also want to port the debug output from fprintf(stderr, ...) & Co.
to qCDebug() & Co.

Cheers
Friedrich