What means having an application in "KDE Applications"

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Thu Jun 20 07:18:44 BST 2019

On 6/19/19 3:57 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> My point is that that if the main driver for the inclusion is raising the
> awareness about a certain project and attracting new developers, given that no
> data support this correlation, then maybe the inclusion itself should be
> questioned.

While I agree that inclusion doesn't guarantee higher awareness, the
inverse seems more likely to me, for maintainerless apps at least: with
no maintainer to request and coordinate releases, apps not in KDE
Applications don't get released, so their awareness gradually drops to
zero over time. Inclusion in the KDE Applications bundle may not be a
panacea, but how else are maintainerless/community-maintained apps
supposed to get released?

Nate