KDE Itinerary in kdereview

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Dec 21 08:54:46 GMT 2019

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 7:59 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday, 20 December 2019 22:50:54 CET Sandro Knauß wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > KDE Itinerary has been moved to kdereview:
> > >
> > > Code: https://invent.kde.org/kde/itinerary
> > > Workboard: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/280/query/all/
> > >
> > > KDE Itinerary is a Kirigami-based mobile application for managing your
> > > itinerary as a timeline, including access to your travel documents,
> > > tickets
> > > and boarding passes, real-time updates for train connections, weather
> > > forecast along your trip, etc.
> > >
> > > Its destination for now is probably extragear/pim, but becoming part of
> > > the
> > > release service eventually would be desirable.
> >
> > I thought, that a release entering kdereview needs at least one release, but
> > I haven't found any release tarballs nor tags. This is at least blocks us
> > from getting it into Debian.
>
> My understanding so far was that we are not supposed to do releases from
> playground? That impression is supported by playground projects usually not
> having CI coverage. So one of the main motivations for moving through
> kdereview now is to actually become able to do releases.

There is quite a bit of confusion around what playground projects are
able to do vs. what reviewed projects are able to do unfortunately.

>From my understanding of things, playground projects are only allowed
to make alpha/beta releases, and cannot have any stable releases.
For this reason, they also don't have stable translations.

This does mean however that the difference between playground and
reviewed software is very small and in practice playground projects
have essentially been acting as fully fledged projects (making
releases that distributions are packaging and delivering in their main
repositories, etc)

Since we've moved to Git the story of playground has always been a bit
confusing to be honest, as we now have personal repositories as a
first step, then playground, then review and finally self-released /
release-service / plasma / frameworks.

With the upcoming move to Gitlab and with personal repositories now
having greater prominence this is a topic i'd definitely like to
revisit (but that is a whole different topic/discussion, and should be
in it's own email thread)

> Regards,
> Volker

Cheers,