RKWard is in kdereview

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Oct 10 11:21:05 BST 2018

Very nice

It installs two desktop files which creates duplicate menu entries
/usr/share/applications/org.kde.rkward-open.desktop
/usr/share/applications/org.kde.rkward.desktop

The .desktop files call it a "GUI for R" which is not a great
description, everything in the menu is a GUI.  I recommend "R
Statistical Programming" or "IDE for R" maybe.

I tidied up the files with the icon licence as they could easily be lost.

It depends on WebKit which is not supported, could this be ported to WebEngine?

It's uncommon having debian/ packaging directly in the source and
there's also debian-official/ which could get confusing and
out-of-sync and messy.  I recommend moving them to another archive.
Storing the packaging in KDE neon Git would be cool as we already have
packaging for all the rest of KDE software.  Using salsa.debian
pkg-kde team would also make sense but would need different
permissions.  Either way we should get this into Neon, give me a ping
to sort that out.

Jonathan