Importing kdiff3 - was - Re: Aw: Re: KDE inclusion

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 25 08:01:10 GMT 2018

Hello,

On Thursday, 25 January 2018 00:08:03 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimecres, 24 de gener de 2018, a les 17:34:16 CET, Kevin Funk va
escriure:
> > On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 16:24:10 CET Michael Reeves wrote:
> > > A little confused on where to start with this sponsor thing.
> >
> > Huh? 'sponsor thing'? :)
>
> I guess it's regarding the
> https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Incubation_Process
>
> Which to my understanding was supposed to be a voluntary thing but it seems
> some people are forcing it on every single new project.

Was supposed to be for any project born outside the community and joining in.
So not quite so voluntary.

> As I did with the last person that also was confused and annoyed by all this
> burocracy, just ask me any question you may have.

Oh come on... the bad mean bureaucracy argument now. Wanna look at the Eclipse
incubation process? Or the Apache one?

Seriously it's just about having a person already within the community making
sure the new project needs get catered to and also making sure the new project
is on the right path to put in place rules and procedures compatible with the
rest of the community (and the Manifesto).

Call it bureaucracy if you wish, but I think it's good to avoid people
dropping code in a corner to then be ignored by everyone and wondering what to
do next.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net