kio-stash is in KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri May 26 23:20:52 BST 2017

El divendres, 26 de maig de 2017, a les 23:48:18 CEST, Boudhayan Gupta va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> On 26 May 2017 at 20:31, Elvis Angelaccio <elvis.angelaccio at kde.org> wrote:
> > * The dbus adaptor could probably use build-time generation via cmake,
> > rather than being committed to the git repo. If you need an example look
> > at
> > the CMakeLists.txt in kio/src/kioexec (qt5_add_dbus_adaptor and friends).
>
> IIRC we did that first, but then figured we needed to edit the
> generated code (I was the mentor for this project).

That seems dangerous, what if sometime in the future you need to regenerate
the adaptor because you add new functions or something?

Files that contain autogenerated code should ideally not be "edited".

Do you remember why editing was needed?

Cheers,
  Albert