Zanshin is in kdereview

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 19 17:56:39 BST 2017

On Monday, 19 June 2017 18:50:23 CEST Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 00:07:01 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Have you read the page that speaks about how to write Messages.sh files?
> > It's quite good. Please read it and explain what you don't understand.
>
> It's more that I don't quite see clearly the distribution of the .po and
> such after the Message.sh is run.
>
> That being said, wouldn't that be more natural to either extend extractrc to
> spit out mock QObject::tr() calls? Or to have the Message.sh run perl on
> the file?
>
> Sounds cleaner to me than having several catalogs loaded for an otherwise
> self-contained application.

I haven't checked the code, but the idea is that:
- messages handled by Qt translation system should end up in the <module>_qt
file;
- messages from KI18n should end up in a file or a set of files named as you
want (you just need to set the proper domain which matches the file name).

So please try to follow these guidelines. If the application already uses
KI18n directly or indirectly, I would just use it for everything.

--
Luigi