Zanshin is in kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Jun 10 14:11:06 BST 2017

Hello,

On Thursday, 8 June 2017 19:24:54 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dijous, 8 de juny de 2017, a les 9:36:51 CEST, Kevin Ottens va escriure:
> > OK, this time it's the right one. :-)
> >
> > Zanshin is now in kdereview and aiming for extragear/pim. Please review
> > away!
>
> Oh, you use kparts, but use a tr() based system instead of a i18n one.
>
> Can I ask why?

Because it got started while KF5 was on the radar and couldn't tell what would
happen of i18n. Also I don't use any of the i18n features and I want to keep
the dependencies as minimal as possible to make a move on a mobile target
easier if need be.

> This current setup makes the strings of the *.rc files untranslatable since
> extractrc creates mock i18n() calls.
>
> If you really really really want to keep the tr() based system

I'd like to.

> I guess you could have a new .po catalog for the messages contained in the
> .rc files and also load that one.

I'm a bit clueless there, I think I need some hand holding. Could you be a bit
more specific on how this is done?

Cheers.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net