Distro integration for Plasma Browser Integration (was: Re: Plasma Browser Integration is in kdereview

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 16:38:21 BST 2017

> What options are possible to distribute extensions via distro packaging?

For chrome see https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/external_extensions.
For firefox I was under the impression you can't, but I haven't extensively
looked.

But the easiest thing to do is see how chrome-gnome-shell is handlded in
your distro, which is a similar tech, but used purely for helping
extensions.gnome.org install extensions.

It's an already addressed issue (or non-issue), so we can basically do the
same.

On Arch and Ubuntu the browser side is fetched from the relevant store by
the user.

> I ask cause I think at least for chrome / chromium you need a Google
> account
> to use the plugin / extension store.

That's not true. Nor for firefox.

David