Application usage statistics and targeted user surveys

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Jun 3 10:49:00 BST 2017

On Thursday, 25 May 2017 12:33:49 CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 18:31:35 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> > I would have looked into fixing it, but I'm not sure I understand why
> > there's all the RPATH logic in place, so I'd prefer to hear from you
> > first.
>
> I have removed the remains of the pre-ECM rpath handling. This also changed
> binary output directories on Linux to follow KDE standards, so you might
> want to do a clean build to avoid issues with outdated binaries in the
> build dir.
> > A good next step would also be to get it running on build.kde.org, so
> > we can identify these issues.
>
> Indeed, I've requested CI coverage now.

Looks like in order to get CI coverage we need to move to kdereview (which is
fine, I think it's ready for that), but that requires to know where this
should end up afterwards.

I guess the candidates are extragear/libs or frameworks? frameworks seems
conceptually like the right place, but putting something there that is still
fairly new and has seen little field testing seems sub-optimal. Opinions?

Regards,
Volker