announcement: Kwave is in kdereview

Thomas Eschenbacher Thomas.Eschenbacher at gmx.de
Sat Oct 8 08:39:24 BST 2016

Hello,

according to
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle#Stage_2:_Stable
I hereby announce the move of Kwave to "kdereview", on it's way to
"kdemultimedia".

Kwave is a sound editor built on KF5 and exists since November 1998. I
am the maintainer of that project since ~2000 and still actively working
on it.

Currently Kwave is in "kdereview" (for quite a while) and my initial
intention was to get it into KEG. But as I found out, KEG no longer
exists (although it is mentioned in the web site mentioned above) and I
also came to the conclusion that kdemultimedia would be a better place
for it.

Background:
This is attempty #5. The first one (~2005) has hit the migration from
CVS to SVN and I was asked to postpone it. The second one was ~2009,
there I hit the migration from SVN to GIT. The third one was 2013, and
finally 2015 I got into kdereview, where the project resides right now -
and waits for approval to go further into kdemultimedia.

kind regards,
   Thomas