Discontinuing repository tarballs

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Thu Nov 24 01:30:08 GMT 2016

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 08:17:29PM +1300, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> HI all,
>
> As of late Sysadmin has been assessing what components of our
> infrastructure are in active use and should be maintained going
> forward.
>
> As part of this it has come to our attention that the repository
> tarballs offered by our anongit network (tar.gz files of our
> repositories essentially) are effectively unused - with only 19 hits
> being received by one mirror in the space of a week.

Not an objection, but the low usage may be due to the use of tarball
repo snapshots being disabled in kdesrc-build for a few months now.

Of course, kdesrc-build was using the snapshots by default out of an
effort to be gentler to KDE source code repositories, so if it's easier
for you all to forgo the snapshots entirely then I'm fully supportive.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne