Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Thu Nov 17 10:50:28 GMT 2016

Hi all,

sorry for reading the mailing list very rarely nowadays.

On 17.11.2016 10:25, Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 November 2016 00:51:50 CET Sven Brauch wrote:
>> On 11/11/16 16:45, Dominik Haumann wrote:
>>> What do you think about having a Randa meeting (or similar) with focus
>>> on finishing ports to KF5? Would that make sense?
>>
>> +1 actually. There are a few applications on that list which would, in
>> my eyes, be a real loss if they were not maintained any more; I'm
>> especially looking at kcachegrind (I know of no comparable tool and it's
>> really good), maybe kopete. kmag is nice too on occasion but I don't
>> know if it will die with wayland anyways.
>
> +1 on kcachegrind, that would be a real loss. Actually there's an actively
> maintained frameworks branch, maybe we just need to poke Josef? ;)
>
> @Josef: Is the frameworks branch stable? If yes, let's release!

For my point of view, the framework branch should be as stable as the master
regarding features. I recently only added minor stuff in master, and always
merged that also into framework (same with some bugs).

Further, the last porting TODOs happened a few weeks ago, about reviving
icon markers in lists (if a call is part of a recursive call cycle).

So yes, I can switch the frameworks branch to become master already today.

Josef