Kwave is in kdemultimedia now

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Nov 16 14:19:30 GMT 2016

On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 06:52:26 CET Thomas Eschenbacher wrote:
> Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > Luigi Toscano ha scritto:

> >> I would say that it's pointless for new projects to create reviewboard
> >> entries at this point. It would be good to start fresh directly with
> >> Phabricator. I can create the project and the observer repository.
> >
> > That said, the kwave repository is available already on reviewboard (it
> > has
> > been for a while). The offer for Phabricator items still stands.
>
> Well... that's a good question!
>
> I tried to find out what is the "must have" feature that would make me
> say "yes", but I am not sure.
>
> I think I already have all things that I need (and even more, the KDE
> infrastructure is really great!!!), and offering two different tools for
> bugtracking, reviewing, contributing and so on - wouldn't that confuse
> the users and bear the risk of having duplicates in the databases? Or
> are the databases behind coupled in some way?

We don't offer two tools. We are moving to some tools (reviewboard, kanboard)
to others (phabricator) for some tasks. Bugs are not going to be moved from
bugs.kde.org (task tracking in phabricator and bug tracking are not exactly
the same thing).

> I am a friend of the philosophy "one project - one tooling", so I guess
> when I say yes to Phabricator it would be wise to switch off the already
> existing alternatives?

I'm not sure if we can easily close reviewboard for specific projects. I would
simply advertise the new tool.

--
Luigi