Reviewboard timing (was Re: Sunsetting of Infrastructure and the Phabricator migration)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 18 21:45:51 GMT 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Luigi Toscano
<luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> On Friday 18 of March 2016 19:46:03 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> In terms of Reviewboard, there are no plans to import it's contents
>> into Phabricator, as the level of effort required is too high. Once we
>> are migrated to Phabricator for reviews, i'm proposing that everyone
>> has 4 weeks to finish any final reviews up within Reviewboard before
>> it is set to read only by disabling login for everyone. Reviews still
>> open at that point would be discarded.
>
> (starting a subthread on kde-core-devel as advised)
>
> I think this timing is too short. I agree with closing down Reviewboard, of
> course, but I would propose something a bit more complicated (it seems that
> reviewboard permissions does not allow to easily set it):
> - close down new submissions (physically remove the pages? Comment out the
> code in reviewboard)
> - leave open the existing reviews for 6 months and add periodic reminders to
> them.

6 months seems a bit excessive. Reviews shouldn't be sticking around
for too long - and if the patch is still needed nothing stops someone
from picking it up and posting it on Phabricator to continue with it.

Any specific reason for such a long wind down?

> Ciao
> --
> Luigi

Regards,