Reviewboard timing (was Re: Sunsetting of Infrastructure and the Phabricator migration)

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 18 11:12:45 GMT 2016

On Friday 18 of March 2016 19:46:03 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> In terms of Reviewboard, there are no plans to import it's contents
> into Phabricator, as the level of effort required is too high. Once we
> are migrated to Phabricator for reviews, i'm proposing that everyone
> has 4 weeks to finish any final reviews up within Reviewboard before
> it is set to read only by disabling login for everyone. Reviews still
> open at that point would be discarded.

(starting a subthread on kde-core-devel as advised)

I think this timing is too short. I agree with closing down Reviewboard, of
course, but I would propose something a bit more complicated (it seems that
reviewboard permissions does not allow to easily set it):
- close down new submissions (physically remove the pages? Comment out the
code in reviewboard)
- leave open the existing reviews for 6 months and add periodic reminders to
them.

Ciao
--
Luigi