remove khelpcenter from next Plasma release?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 9 16:30:01 GMT 2016

On Wednesday 09 of March 2016 16:16:54 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 17:05:14 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > That said, I perceive this email as "khelpcenter is not welcome in
> > Plasma",
> > probably with a maintainer ("hell-bent on keeping it" sounds very negative
> > to me). So not sure what should be the discussion about.
>
> The discussion is about removing it from Plasma releases starting with 5.7,
> see the subject of my email.
>
> Let me cut right to the chase, do you want to maintain it? Does it need to
> be in Plasma?
Yes, I can maintain it. In fact many features come from components I already
control.

> You're right that Plasma devs don't seem to want it, I thought my initial
> email made that pretty clear. We do think that disconnected systems are
> rather a fringe case, and that our time and effort is better spent on other
> things.
Then the question still holds: with a maintainer, does it have a place in
Plasma? I'm not talking about an hypothetical time and effort for maintaining
this offline use case (which will continue to be 0) but in the light of the
statement above. In other words, if the question mark in the subject is real
or rhetorical.
I'm ready for both possible outcomes.

--
Luigi