remove khelpcenter from next Plasma release?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 16:16:54 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, March 09, 2016 17:05:14 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> That said, I perceive this email as "khelpcenter is not welcome in Plasma",
> probably with a maintainer ("hell-bent on keeping it" sounds very negative
> to me). So not sure what should be the discussion about.

The discussion is about removing it from Plasma releases starting with 5.7,
see the subject of my email.

Let me cut right to the chase, do you want to maintain it? Does it need to be
in Plasma?

You're right that Plasma devs don't seem to want it, I thought my initial
email made that pretty clear. We do think that disconnected systems are rather
a fringe case, and that our time and effort is better spent on other things.
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org