KDE file dialog

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:14:58 GMT 2016

I realize I'm slightly orthagonal to the original topic, but....

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Distributions set up distribution-wide "Sans", "Serif" and "Monospace" aliases for a reason. The fonts are carefully selected by the distribution based on a variety of criteria, including glyph coverage
>
> We tried to keep font decisions to distributions before Plasma 5 and it always made me cringe how terrible fonts looked in screenshots from other people and was one of the first things I had to change on every fresh install. Now we pick some sane defaults that make it look good and unified across distributions.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai Uwe

We've recently had a group working on trying to improve KDE <> distro
relationships by improving communication. Yes, there is the packager
list and release-team, but they are about the nitty-gritty of released
packages. So the Distribution Outreach Program has asked for the
Distributions list [1] to be created, where larger issues like these
can be hashed out. All interested KDE people and all interested
distribution people are invited to participate, no matter what your
role.

The KDE community wants KDE software to work well everywhere. And the
wonderful people working to distribute KDE software want it to work
well in each of our distros. Together we can make magic happen.

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez