KDE file dialog

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 6 00:48:13 GMT 2016

Martin Graesslin wrote:
> No, because everything in the current plugin is Plasma specific. If we
> want to change the font, we will do so!

Forcing a default font as you have done is a bad idea even on Plasma. It is
not the desktop environment's business to pick a default font. (And yes, I
know GNOME does it too, with a much worse font (really poor glyph coverage).
That's not a reason to do the same.) Distributions set up distribution-wide
"Sans", "Serif" and "Monospace" aliases for a reason. The fonts are
carefully selected by the distribution based on a variety of criteria,
including glyph coverage (OK, Noto is great there; your previous default
Oxygen was not, though!), quality, looks, etc. And most importantly, the
distro-wide aliases ensure consistency across applications using different
toolkits. Desktops deciding they know better break this.

        Kevin Kofler