KDE file dialog

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:19:38 GMT 2016

On Dienstag, 1. März 2016 19:42:58 CEST, Sven Brauch wrote:

> Otherwise I agree with your reasoning. I'm just not sure what we can
> effectively do about it.

Build option to build the kde/plasma QPA into a strict "KF5" (tier 1) QPA?
Forking sucks terribly and a tier 1 QPA might be interesting for eg. lxqt users (drawing them into KF5)

> Having the plugin in an extra repository imo
> doesn't help much, and I really don't mind having plasma installed.

The repo is probably not that much of an issue.
Most users would get it from their distro and that could build two QPAs and ship the KF5 variant extra. Only exception are devs and gentoo users and it's not *that* much disk space.

Alternative solution would be git submodules, but that looks like quite some work (notably since you'd want the kf5 version that you still need to find some repo for to default off while the plasma version defaults on)

Cheers,
Thomas