web server for appstream metadata screenshots

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jun 14 00:34:07 BST 2016

> El dimarts, 14 de juny de 2016, a les 0:54:06 CEST, Matthias Klumpp va
> escriure:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > You can not have all of these three:
>> >  * Free commit to screenshots used by appstream
>>
>> Create a Git/$whatever repository just for screenshots somewhere, and
>> make its contents available on the web, e.g. via static.kde.org /
>> screenshots.kde.org, etc.
>>
>> >  * Shared screenshots between www and appstream
>>
>> Have www embed screenshots from the xyz.kde.org server, instead of
>> keeping them with the other www-related files in SVN. This also allows
>> www to migrate to Git more easily, unless there are other large files
>> stored in there.
>
> You realize this breaks the "protected contents in www" if everyone can upload
> files to xyz.kde.org and they magically show up in www, right?

Well, they would only show up on a subdomain, and not be visible
immediately on the main website. You can also use a pre-commit check
in Git to allow only .png images up to a certain size, to prevent
people from uploading other stuff to the repository.
That doesn't prevent anyone from replacing all KDE screenshots with
cute cat pictures of course, but I do trust the KDE community on that
:)

Cheers,
    Matthias