Cervisia?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun Jun 5 20:39:57 BST 2016

On Sunday 05 June 2016 19:49:08 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> > > ok. what shall I write there (names, emails ?)
> > >
> > > Isn't that a limited approach to name the translators in the sourcecode,
> > > since every new translation added will need a source change ?
> >
> > No; you use something like i18n("TRANSLATOR NAME") (I don't remember the
> > exact string), so that the name comes from the translation itself.
>
> It would be
> setTranslator(i18nc("NAME OF TRANSLATORS", "Your names"),
>               i18nc("EMAIL OF TRANSLATORS", "Your emails"));
>
> And it needs to be these very strings, as they are here, both comment and
> content, because for those by definition there will be in the catalog
> translation strings which then contain the names of the people who did the
> translations for the given language. Which means, the i18nc call will then
> return the names (and emails) of the translators for the current language, as
> stored in the currently used translation catalog. (So not the names of all the
> translators who translated to any languages, just for the current).
> And there will be always such strings with their translation in the
> translation catalog, they do not need to be present in the actual code which
> makes uses of them, and thus do not need to be present in the catalog template
> (pot file).
>
> And as Albert already said in his email, it might not need to be done when
> using KMainWindow (or derived classes like KXmlGuiWindow), as by tradition the
> KMainWindow constructor ensures those strings are set on the global
> KAboutData::applicationData object.

Thanks for clarification.

So cervisia is not using KMainWindow and also not KXmlGuiWindow.
It uses KParts::MainWindow.
Is that ok ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at