KDE file dialog

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 29 22:09:50 GMT 2016

On segunda-feira, 29 de fevereiro de 2016 21:42:11 PST Sven Brauch wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 02/28/2016 03:58 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > This is what I use:
> > export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde
> >
> > and  you need the integration plugin installed. It used to be part of
> > Frameworks (frameworksintegration), it will be part of Plasma (but
> > hopefully still usable without).
>
> It isn't, unfortunately. For example, it requires KSNI support, because
> for some weird reason that is part of the platform theme.
>
> So using QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde is basically not a viable solution for
> any non-plasma desktop out there. Instead you are stuck with a 3rd party
> solution like qt5ct to at least set the Qt / icon theme (color scheme is
> quite hard already), and there is basically no viable option to get e.g.
> KDE file dialogs back (instead of the unusable Qt5 default ones).

If you're not in the Plasma desktop, you should get the dialogs from the
desktop you're in. For example, if you're in GNOME, the GTK style plugin
should get the GTK dialogs.

The only left-over is for a Qt 5 app on a KDE 4 desktop. In that case, I'd
argue that the Plasma plugin should be loaded, but it needs to be installed
too.