KDE file dialog

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Feb 29 20:12:11 GMT 2016

On Sunday 28 February 2016 15:58:20 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Martin Koller ha scritto:
> > In KDE4 times there was a common file dialog for the applications, I think this is what KFileDialog was made for.
> > Now where some applications are already ported to KF5, there seems to be no such thing anymore
> > (or it does not work here).
> > KFileDialog is deprecated, QFileDialog does not have the functionality of KFileDialog (e.g. aside preview).
> > As I find KFileWidget having e.g. preview possibility, I assume QFileDialog would use this widget via
> > the platform integration, right ?
> > If so, does this only work when running plasma5 as desktop or is there a way to get the KDE4 features
> > in KF5 application file dialogs even when running inside a KDE4 session ?
> >

> This is what I use:
> export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde
>
> and  you need the integration plugin installed. It used to be part of
> Frameworks (frameworksintegration), it will be part of Plasma (but hopefully
> still usable without).

ok, good. I've now installed frameworksintegration and I've now the preview feature back -
but I have also now (in my POV) ugly black-and-white icons which I don't like.
Installing systemsettings5 (openSuse 13.2) does not show any icon related section
(in fact it only shows 6 different sections).
I'd like to have the oxygen icons as in all my other KDE4 apps.
Where can I set this ?
Should a KF5 app (with frameworksintegration) not also use the settings from a still used KDE4 desktop ?
How would this work in e.g. a gnome desktop ?

P.S.:I have also installed all oxygen5 related things I found, e.g. oxygen5-icon-theme, oxygen5-style
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin