Removal of ksaneplugin from KDE Applications

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:28:03 BST 2015

> On Friday 25 September 2015 07:49:09 Alexander Potashev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The only user for ksaneplugin used to be Kolourpaint in KDE
>> Applications 15.08.x. I have now ported Kolourpaint from KScanDialog
>> to libksane as suggested here [1,2] (same thread), thus ksaneplugin
>> can be dropped from KDE Applications 15.12.
>
> thanks!
>
> hmmm... I'm trying to build kolourpaint now and get:
> /home/KDE5/source/kolourpaint/mainWindow/../scan/sanedialog.h:29:23: fatal error: KSane/KSane: No such file or directory
>  #include <KSane/KSane>
> I have installed libksane-devel-15.08.1-1.1 (openSuse 13.2) which contains just these includes
> /usr/include/libksane
> /usr/include/libksane/ksane.h
> /usr/include/libksane/libksane_export.h
> /usr/include/libksane/version.h

Hi Martin,

You must be on the frameworks branch. Then you need libksane/KF5 which
is not yet released, please install it from libksane repo's frameworks
branch.

But I have no idea why scandialog.{h.cpp} are even built when you
don't have libksane/kf5. Please try building from scratch, with a
clean build/CMakeCache.txt.

--
Alexander Potashev