Spectacle moved to KDE Graphics, future of KSnapshot?

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Thu Sep 24 15:11:33 BST 2015

On 24 September 2015 at 17:01, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:
>> Now, what'll come of KSnapshot? Spectacle clearly obsoletes KSnapshot
>> on X11 (and Wayland as long as KWin is running - if a generic Wayland
>> protocol isn't out by dependency freeze I'll add a generic KWin
>> backend temporarily for this release). However, we have no Mac OS and
>> Windows backends, so KSnapshot clearly still has use in those
>> platforms.
>>
>> What about moving KSnapshot to Extragear?
>
> If this is what we end up deciding it needs to be decided before Nov
> 11 which is the KDE Applications 15.12 dependency freeze date. Let us
> know on the release team mailing list so we can remove it from the
> list of modules if so.

If no one has objections, I'll file for a move to Extragear next
Wednesday, and then file to have it removed from the Applications
release-unit.

I'm also willing to take over maintainership, but there won't be any
feature additions, only bugfix releases from master (which is KDELibs4
based, btw) until we hit platform parity with Spectacle.

-- Boudhayan Gupta