SIC/BIC in Frameworks (NOT)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Sep 13 13:28:21 BST 2015

This is clearly a CI issue, not a SIC/BIC, as both our investigations prove.

On Sunday 13 September 2015 23:43:19 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> This then causes KNotification to fail to build (as it depends on
> netwm.h) which then leads to the rest of the failures we see. This
> itself is probably a bug?

If KWindowSystem is built with X11 forced OFF
(via CMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_X11)
and KNotifications is built with X11 enabled
(CMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_X11 not being set),
you end up with a compilation error.
I think that's quite obvious, and I wouldn't consider that a bug.

We only support X11 on everywhere or off everywhere.
Combinations of "some frameworks with X11 enabled and some with
X11 purposefully disabled" don't make sense to me.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5