libkgeomap

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Wed Mar 18 09:03:44 GMT 2015

Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2015, 11.40:36 schrieb Luca Beltrame:

Morning all

As I see it this thread is not yet closed or done. Facts seem to be that:
- digiKam is one of KDE's most prominent and best applications
- on the other side: some Linux distros have problems to flawlessly package it

Thus I'd propose to organize an IRC meeting where people of these Linux
distros and digiKam people could meet and constructively discuss the difficult
items and find solutions to clear this once and for all.

I'd offer to organize this IRC meeting and moderate the discussion.

What do you think? Gilles, Pino, Raymond, Kevin?

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> [backports from libs]
>
> > false. When it's possible we do it, when time permit.
>
> Speaking with my distro hat on, I argue that when we have to do that
> ourselves the process is made more complicated because most digikam-related
> repos don't have tags for releases (or betas):
>
> $ cd libkgeomap/
> $ git tag
>
> ... and no tags anywhere. This makes hard to tell at which point in time
> (save looking through the commit history) commits appeared relative to the
> last release (or beta).
>
> It would make the packagers' job a little easier (and also, it would help
> wrt repo organization, IMO), if each release / beta release would also be
> tagged in git. There are already scripts for it, see the ones used to
> release Applications, the Frameworks scripts, or the ones used by the
> Plasma team.

So tagging of release branches/releases seems to be one item to discuss at
this meeting.

Thanks
Mario