Frameworks compiler and Qt requirements after Qt 5.7?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jun 29 03:44:19 BST 2015

On Friday 26 June 2015 17:46:21 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Thus I think the question about compiler requirement and Qt requirement are
> not coupled. Just because we raise the one or the other doesn't mean we
> should raise both.

Yes, it does. You need to raise at a minimum to the minimum that the minimum
Qt requires.

If the minimum Qt is 5.6, then KDE's current requirements are higher than
Qt's. So no change is necessary.

If the minimum Qt is 5.7, then Qt's requirements are higher. Effectively, Qt's
requirements become KDE's.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358